Maker at Green&Blue.
Green&Blue Nature Ltd
Cornwall, TR6 0DL
We are looking for a new member of the team to assist in the making of our range of wildlife habitat products at the Green&Blue studio in Perranporth.
This role is via the UK Government Kickstart Scheme which is designed to create jobs for 16-24 year olds on Universal Credit. There are eligibility requirements attached to the Kickstart Scheme and you can contact us for more info or enquire via your local jobcentre.
The Role - Maker
Key responsibilities of the role will include de-moulding concrete, assisting in the production process, grinding finished product, upholding quality control, keeping work areas neat and clean, maintaining the workshop area and tools, notifying manager of low stock levels, assisting in other duties which may arise in the workshop and being knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Green&Blue and our mission to make homes havens for wildlife.
The role will help you develop an understanding of manufacturing, problem solving, thinking on your feet and working as a team. It will give you insight into a small, busy, innovative and purpose driven company, and the chance to be an important part of our future growth.
- Good level of fitness to meet the demands of a physically challenging role
- Quick learner
- High levels of attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Able to work well as a team and alone
- Good communicator
- Respect for others
- A good sense of humour
- Practical and good with your hands
- Able to take an organised approach to tasks and to keeping work areas neat
- Able to work in cold conditions
- Can perform well under pressure
- Experience of working with concrete
- Experience of a manufacturing environment
- Passion for the environment and for biodiversity
- Experience of working within a small company
- A creative approach to problem solving
For more information about the role you can contact Faye from the team on 01872 858658, or email us email@example.com or full details are also available via your local job centre. Due to the nature of the Kickstart Scheme, eligibility requirements apply to this role.